- Photographic Portrait; n.d.
- Correspondence from James Lewis; 1874-1875 (Tipped into place of pages removed from The California Digest of Masonic Law. - Collated by Lorenzo Gordin Yates; 1867)
- "Catalogue of L.G. Yates' Collection - Part I. Foreign Land and Fresh Water Shells"; 1885
- "Catalogue of Land and Fresh Water Shells in L.G. Yates' Collection"; 1886
- "Catalogue of Fossils in Lorenzo G. Yates' Collection"; 1886
- Lists of Shells for Exchange by Yates - "California and Other West Coast Shells", "Land & Fresh Water Shells of Eastern North America", "British Shells", and "Jamaica Shells"; n.d.
- "County Museum Planned by Heir to Yates Collection" [Newspaper Article]; 1938
- Articles about Yates by Charles L. Camp; 1963
- Library Staff Notes
Articles by Lorenzo G. Yates
- "Channel Islands"; n.d.
- "Notes on the Geology and Scenery of the Islands Forming the Southerly Line of the Santa Barbara Channel"; Jan. 1890
- "A New Variety of Helix Carpenteri from Southern California"; Sept. 1890
- Published Letter to the President of the American Association of Conchologists; 1891
- "The Marine Algae of Santa Barbara County, California"; Jan. 1902